Sunday, May 1, 2011

Queen's Day Celebration at the Happy Inn Lodge


I'm in Interlaken, Switzerland! This is what I arrived to yesterday afternoon. The Inn has a restaurant/bar downstairs and the bar double as the reception area. There was a band and food and everyone was wearing orange. They were celebrating because it was Queen's Day in Holland. I don't know the significance of this holiday, but maybe it's just an excuse to party.

There wasn't much to do today since a lot of things are closed on Sundays. I mostly just walked around town. I went to church in the morning and it was packed because there was a First Communion celebration. It was half in Italian and half in German. It's colder here than it was in Annecy. Well, maybe tomorrow will be more fun.

I don't remember what the hot dog looking thing was called, but it was good. It was like a mix of a corn dog and breakfast sausage. The preferred condiment is mayo with fries and their "ketchup" is more like hot sauce that's not spicy.


2 comments:

  1. switzerlandddd one of the healthiest countries, (i believe).

    ReplyDelete
  2. but they eat mayo with their fries.. hmmmm

    ReplyDelete