Saturday, April 9, 2011

Ya gotta eat!

If it wasn't for all the walking, I'd be quite fat by now. I was eating way too much carbs. Bread is everywhere. It's the cheapest option and easy for on-the-go eating. I freaking love all the bakeries here ^_^.

Nutella is everywhere!

 Remember these cheese cubes? Found some in Barcelona!


 Bought some chorizo to eat with my bread.

My cheap and easy meal on-the-go. This baguette, cheese, and chorizo was part of my lunch and dinner on day one. It was also my lunch, snack and dinner on day two. I bought it for lunch in Barcelona on day one, but I was on the train all day the following day, so that's all I had to eat. (Plus some other snacks, crackers and an apple).

This was Sunday lunch/dinner in Annecy. I was so hungry, but everything was closed. The only thing that was open was a bakery near my place. This is when I started to feel sick. Way too much carbs.

There's a small kitchen where I'm staying, but absolutely no utensils, pots, pans, salt or pepper. So everything you see here, I had to go buy at the supermarket. I bought all the cheapest things I could find because I'm not lugging this stuff around with me for the rest of the trip. I tried to get some protein in there with the egg, and added the scallions for some freshness.

So, end result. Didn't taste that great :)

2 comments:

  1. carbs carbs carbs! You need to find a Viet restaurant and get some bun rieu. Or home made canh spinach!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...that cheese and chorizo looked delicious actually!

    ReplyDelete